Terms & Conditions
1. To order goods over the telephone or on our website, you must be at least 18 years of age and accept delivery within Mainland UK.
2. All orders placed on our website will be acknowledged electronically by e-mail. Please note that verbal and/or electronic acknowledgements do not constitute order confirmation or order acceptance. Your order will be accepted and the creation of a legally binding contract between you and us will take place once the order status has been confirmed as 'Order Placed'. (Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will inform you in person, by telephone or e-mail).
3. All payments are taken using the SquareUp payment system which accepts most major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Visa Electron or Vpay logo (there may be a small charge using AMEX)
4. The total price payable will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our suppliers' prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. All prices are inclusive of VAT but exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time the order is placed.
5. Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. If a product becomes unavailable we may offer you an alternative and give you the opportunity to cancel the order. Our prices are constantly under review and occasionally a supplier may reduce their prices due to excess stock or a special offer. We cannot be held responsible and no refunds will be given, if, after purchasing an item, it is later offered at a reduced price.
6. All product specifications, images, descriptions and other information communicated by us, whether displayed on our website or communicated over the telephone, have been made accessible by suppliers, manufacturers, publications, publicists and/or gathered from public domain sources. Our intention is that all information should be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, just occasionally we make or discover an error in the price, description or specification of a product; as such we cannot guarantee the reliability or accuracy of the information communicated. If we discover such an error on a product, which you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
7. Full product details are available from the manufacturers' brochures or their websites. All accessories supplied with a product are subject to upgrade or change at the manufacturers' discretion. We will supply the product as supplied to us by the manufacturer. All product images, descriptions, dimensions and specifications are offered as a guide only and are subject to change at any time by the manufacturer. Do not rely on the product dimensions, images or specifications shown on this site for installation preparation. All gas fires are suitable for natural gas only unless an LPG option is specified.
8. You must provide us with your exact billing address and telephone number when placing your order; this is the address and telephone number which your credit or debit card bank has on file for you. Your order will only be processed once authorisation of your credit or debit card has been properly received. We may occasionally ask for proof of address such as a recent utility bill, passport or driving licence.
9. All goods and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we do not supply the goods for any reason we will not charge you for these and we will refund any money already paid for them. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
10. We will make every effort to keep your details secure and we will not supply or sell any customer details to any outside organisation or third party at any time. Unless we are negligent, we will not be liable for any losses if an unauthorised third party obtains access to your information.
11. All items are subject to availability. We can only guarantee availability whilst stocks last. If the goods ordered are unavailable, we will contact you with suggestions of alternative goods of equivalent quality and wherever possible a similar price.
12. A small number of images on this web site may have been digitally created to represent a colour/option of a product where no actual image exists. All images, descriptions and specifications are offered as a guide only and we strongly recommend viewing the products prior to placing your order to avoid any misrepresentation. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by goods not meeting customers expectations.
13. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that products purchased conform to all necessary installation requirements stated in manufacturers instructions prior to ordering. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by goods not suitable for installation. We strongly recommend having a survey carried out prior to ordering and contacting the manufacturers technical department for any questions you may have.
14. Certain fireplaces are made from natural products including marble and stone. These natural stones are formed over millions of years and as such is prone to fossils and other natural inclusions such as open veining and pitting caused by air pockets. These features are of no detriment to the fireplace and have been deemed acceptable by the manufacturer. As a natural product, marble and stone products are subject to variations in colour and markings. No two pieces of stone or marble are exactly alike. Every piece has unique natural variations, markings, shadings and inclusions which can include fissures, pits, open or dry seams, fossils or glass veins and differ in regard to moisture absorption, surface finish, texture and coefficient of friction. These are not defects but rather inherent characteristics of natural stone and marble products.
15. Polished Cast Iron and plated products are not recommended for solid fuel fires as some local discolouration may occur. Occasionally this process, which does not affect the serviceability of the product, may also occur with gas fires. If a slight local change in colour will cause distress, it is strongly recommended that black products are selected.
16. Change of a manufacturers' product name and model when advertising a product for sale is common sales practice that is often used to give retailers their own product range identity.
17. If you are purchasing individual products to be fitted together, it is your responsibility to check whether these items will be compatible and also suitable for your flue type. We can only offer advice on items listed on our website so, if you plan to combine an item purchased from us with another product purchased elsewhere, it is vital that you check with the supplier or manufacturer that they are suitable for combining.
18. thefirestore.co.uk reserves the right to refuse the supply of goods ordered by you at its discretion. thefirestore.co.uk reserves the right to refuse to deliver to any particular postcodes at its discretion.
19. In the event that a mistake is made when payment is made to us including overpayment, we will only issue refunds once the original payment has been fully authorised by our banks security and fraud department.